Thursday, February 3, 2011

Evaluating Your GAME Plan Progress

I think I achieved some measure of success because my students were able to do their online research in locating some websites dealing with documentary production. They enjoyed doing this because it opened a new world for them, and they appreciated the impact technology has on learning about new content. This entire exercise has reinforced my feelings about opening learning to the students, which is what student-centered learning is all about. They did not need me to feed them the information all the time, I was the facilitator in the learning process. In fact, I am learning a lot from them, and we are helping each other problem solve what is required to be done, for example, locating the correct websites that discuss the rudiments of documentary production, then locating relevant and reliable information about the various aspects of Carnival. It is a learning experience for me and for them. However, I think I need more time to continue locating information and putting everything together. I am really limited in available time and access to the computers and the Internet in school to complete the research. I would have much preferred if there was a live demonstration, however, the students do not seem to mind one bit.

1 comment:

  1. Pauline,
    I am glad to hear your students are enjoying your lessons. I think that our students are less concerned about internet research than we are. I know I am always looking to make sure all my lessons have everything "lined up" to ensure a smooth learning experience, but my students can work with that less is more attitude. I recently gave my students a task without my usual rubric and instruction sheet. I gave them minimal details, a brief outline, and let them go to work. I am circulating among my class and teaching each student in the area that they need assistance.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete