Thursday, February 10, 2011

Revising Your GAME Plan

Using the GAME Plan to plan my instruction has helped me to remain focused on what I have to do with my students. Along the way, I have had to readjust my activities to suit the current logistics that take place daily. The students have been able to make a video to present the first phase of their documentary. Although, they were reluctant at first because they were not secure with using the technology, they became more involved once they saw the products at the end of a session. During this phase, I am still working with my students to put together the artifacts about the different aspects of Carnival.

According to the NETS-S, I will be working to develop my students´ability to develop their digital citizenship and critical, problem solving and decision making. They have to now know how to send images of their work to a wider audience. Also, there was still a lot of healthy debate as they continue to develop these critical skills that are needed for the world of work. I would have to use more collaborative learning strategies because they get more work done, and I am able to complete a lot more content with them.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Pauline~
    Wow! The carnival looks great and fun! I am glad students did their documentary. I am sure in using new technology it can be apprehensive with students. I have also seen with my own students' the hesitation at times when learning new tools within the classroom. I am glad they powered through and saw the completed project. Continued good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pauline,

    I am so excited that you are already seeing the fruits of your GAME planning. I like how you shared that your students were at first reluctant, but then grew more at ease and participatory in the process as they learned the technology. So often, we (ok, maybe it's only me) think that because our students are digital natives, that they will jump in with both feet whenever we present them with techonology applications, but we need to remember that using technology for something they will be evaluated on is so much different than using technology to play around with at home. So we will have the students that are very hesitant to begin with, so thanks again for sharing that!

    ReplyDelete